There is a new multilingual build of OOo 1.1.3 available on sourceforge
At the moment, it is only available on Linux, Windows builds will be done on the weekend.
This build contains Afrikaans, Northern Sotho, Tswana and Zulu. All the languages will be installed.
The translations are almost all up to date with latest translate cvs (Zulu has had a few additions)
Note that this is the first public Tswana release!
- download the build
- cd into the folder
- ./setup-xx will run the setup program in language xx
- once it is installed, you can use the program ooswitchlang in the OpenOffice.org/program directory to switch the languages
- on linux, ooswitchlang requires Python and wxPython to be installed (note English isn't available in this build even though listed).
- we'll try simplify ooswitchlangs interface soon. On Windows it will be a standalone executable
- you have to quit openoffice and restart to switch languages
Only a multilingual build is available to persuade everyone to test that rather than single language builds, but these will be made available later.
Everyone who wants to help test - please download and give feedback...
This is actually testing a number of things:
- compatibility of linux build with various platforms
- the latest translations
- the multilingual setup
Feedback on any of the above is helpful, esp the multilingual setup. the more detail the better!
Share on Facebook